Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time flying by...

Where is the time going? I can't believe we're heading into August! With 3 weddings this month, which are all good friends of ours so we have to go-haha-this month is going to fly! I had my yearly dentist appt last Tuesday in Sturgis, and my friend Jamie, accompanied Gunnar and I. Her help was wonderful, and with all the practice she is getting with Gunnar, she will be a pro in no time! I ended up having the two small cavities that I had a year ago, and a year before that-ha-so I guess it's time to get them taken care of. Septemeber 22nd is my next appointment.

On Friday we got up to head for Pierre. Nathan had Kit's bachelor party at West Bend, and I stayed at Tom's new home with Gunnar. The weekend went good, and on Sunday we were headed back home. I got to visit with many friends I hadn't seen in awhile, so that was nice! Gunnar was Crabby, with a capital C! I felt so bad for him, and even though he slept great, he seemed to spit up a lot and be fussy. Hopefully this is all passing us, and we're slowly getting our happy boy back!
Gunnar finally fits into his shorts! He looked so grown up wearing his shorts and Johnny Popper boots! We went to town on Thursday to set up his savings account! All the bank ladies got to hold him!

Nathan's little brother, Cullen, is here staying with us for the week! He came last year too, and seems to have some fun enjoying all the fun things living in the country brings! He's already driven the skid steer, been riding the four wheeler, mowed, and gotten to ride with his big brother in the tractor all day! He's also been a big help with Gunnar, and went to town with me today! On Saturday or Sunday Tom will be coming to pick him up and take him back to Pierre.

Saturday we are planning on going into town to the Youth Rodeo Finals. It will be fun for Cullen to watch kids his age participate.

This week I started using FuzziBunz cloth diapers on Gunnar. So far, so good! They fit him much better than they used to, and we've only had one leak so far, and that wasn't even bad! His next checkup is at 4 1/2 months, on September 15th. Otherwise, he's talking and really finding his voice, and he discovered his hands! Oh my, we love looking at them, and sucking on them! He's so funny and makes my heart full of love every day. On Thursday he will be hitting the 3 month mark, can you believe it?
Otherwise, we're just adjusting to Nathan's new job, and enjoying life! I'm starting to get antsy for hunting seasons that are right around the corner. We're hoping some friends will be showing up at our front door for bird, antelope, and deer seasons! We're always happy to see familiar faces!

No comments: