Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our weekend

There's our Gunnar! His eyes were SO blue on the day I took this, and of course we had to spit up right when taking pictures-ha! His personality has really been shining through and knock on wood, we are slowly starting to figure him out!

Nathan has been keeping busy with haying. Early mornings that lead into 8:00 nights, which means not a lot of breaks for Mom! When all the cutting, baling, and stacking is done, we ARE doing a date night! I miss his 8-5 schedule, but know that since he's happy we're all better off. On Saturday, after Nathan got done with haying at 3:00, he came home to surprise Gunnar and I with a trip to Bowman at a favorite little drive-in for greasy burgers, fries, and ice cream! It made my day! After getting home at a decent time, I took the four wheeler out and left Gunnar with Nathan, to go put a heifer in that had gotten out. Oh the simple things in life that make me happy, I had a blast, even though it only took me 5 minutes!
Here we are! This was right before bed time on Saturday night!

Today, Sunday, we got up early and left for Spearfish around 8:30 to go to church. We had a nice visit with Pastor afterwards, and then went to Pizza Ranch for lunch. Big mistake, don't go there on a Sunday at noon! It was still yummy, but too many people for our taste. Spearfish had an Art in the Park deal going on, so after finding a parking spot which felt like a mile away, we had the stroller with, and decided to go for a nice walk. HA-a nice HOT walk! It was so hot, and there were so many people! Gunnar should've been tired enough for a nap, but instead was fussy, hot and sweaty! We didn't stay long, but next year watch out, I'm going to be saving up to spend some money-haha-there was a lot of neat vendors!
After getting tuckered out from the heat, we still had Walmart to go to..yuck! We made our way through, getting nothing too exciting, and Nathan loaded the Explorer. All of sudden, after taking the cart to the cart corral, he comes back and says "Oh my gosh..I think that's Kent Hrbek" and me with a clueless face goes "Well..go say HI!" haha..he says "He used to play for the Twins" and again I go "Go say HI!" so Nathan yells "Hey...are you Kent Hrbek??" the guy puffs his huge chest out and says "I sure am!" oh my gosh, I thought Nathan's smile was never going to leave his face. Being starstruck myself, I didn't even think to get a picture, I was just in awe of Nathan's change of pace, and attitude! He was so proud to get to shake his hand and visit with him. Immediately he called his Dad, and friend Kit, who were both excited and jealous! :) After all of that excitement we made out DQ run through Belle Fourche, and headed North for home!

This is how I found our little punkin, Gunnar! He was a tuckered out boy from a BIG day in the Hills! Sleeping in the bouncy chair, what a life! :)
The next week is pretty uneventful. I am going to try and make it to a couple ladies homes that I used to clean for, so they can meet Gunnar. Otherwise, getting caught up on housework, a long with getting everything packed for next weekend, will take up any spare time. Nathan has Kit's bachelor party back in Pierre next weekend, and it's at our favorite campground, called West Bend, which is 40 miles East of Pierre. I'll be staying at Tom's while the guys are drinking and fishing themselves silly. It should be a fun time! Hope everyone has a wonderful new week!

No comments: