Sunday, July 12, 2009

On the road again...

That song "On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again.." keeps playing through my mind! Oh the miles we've put on lately! Every trip we learn that we have outgrown our Explorer which we love so much, and repeat the same reasons over and over that we need a bigger vehicle! So the search HAS begun! This first picture is of our new family at Lindsey's wedding on Friday, July 10th!
On Wednesday morning, July 8th, my friend Jamie Swan and I met in Buffalo so we could drive to the Hills for Gunnar's 2 month checkup and shots. I was not looking forward to this day, I break down taking the girls to the vet, how could I handle Gunnar getting shots?!? So since Nathan was working, I asked Jamie to come with. I know she learned quite a few things on our trip, and saw different sides of me, since this was the first trip without Nathan, and the first time I drove! We got to the Hills, did our normal errands, and then went to the dreaded clinic. The wait took forever, and after getting into a room, the wait took even longer! Gunnar was a trooper the whole wait. Finally our Doctor came in, looked over Gunnar, checked him all over, and preceded to say that he is doing great! He weighed in at 12.5 lbs, and that was what I was curious about! He is growing SO long that he doesn't have much chubbiness to him, but I was reassured once again, that he is growing and looking good! Then came the shots, all 3 of them! Our nurse was great, and with me holding his little hands and comforting him, he did wonderful! A few (long) seconds of screaming and then he calmed down, Thank Goodness!! After all of that, we took off for the long haul home. We of course had to stop at the normal stop, Dairy Queen in Belle, and then we went home!
I knew I had my work cut out for me since we were leaving for Chamberlain the next morning! So, I started getting things packed and organized for the next morning! It felt like my head just hit the pillow when I heard Gunnar crying. He decided to get up every two hours for the first time since he's been born! GOSH, 1,3,5, and again at 7! I've never been so worn out! At the time I'm going "what in the world got into this kid" then Nathan remembered to tell me that his shots would affect him for a bit...duh! Thank Goodness for Tylenol! After getting Gunnar fed at 7, I got Nathan up. We were supposed to be on the road at this time, so the chaos started! Nathan got everything loaded, including the girls, who we were taking to Pierre. Nathan's dad took care of the girls for us, THANKS again, because that saves a lot of unneeded stress for us! After a quick lunch at his new home we took off for Chamberlain. My parents were meeting us at the hotel, where we dropped Gunnar off at, and then preceded to get out to Lindsey's parents farm, for rehearsal! We got there just in the nick of time, had rehearsal, had supper, and headed back to bathe Gunnar and go to bed! It was so wonderful that my parents got to babysit, and it was a nice break for Nathan and I!
Friday morning I was to be at the salon by 8 for our hair to get done! It was such a treat for me, since I barely get to shower daily these days! Getting pampered was something I hadn't had done since before I was pregnant, and it had hardly happened before that, so I couldn't wait!Here's Lindsey and I after getting our hair done! Of course, without knowing it, we dressed a like! It happens a lot! We used to always get asked if we were sisters, since we both don't have top lips, and sound a lot alike! I guess that's what happens when you live together-ha!

After getting our hair done and helping set up, we got our makeup and dresses on! The day was a warm one, but everything seemed to fall into place!Here's the beautiful bride and me! 7.10.09

The wedding was outdoors on Lindsey's parents farm. A lot of people, and a lot of fun! I didn't get much to eat that day, and with me breastfeeding Gunnar, need to eat even more than usual! Well, with the heat, being tired, and not eating, it hit me pretty hard. We started pictures around 2:30 and when I went outside to get our pics taken, I started to black out. I kept to myself but I could hardly take another step. I went from 2:30-4:30 and finally called Nathan. I told him to bring me something with sugar, like snickers, because I was blacking out. I didn't want to ruin Lindsey's day, but this was serious. My heart was pounding so hard and I was getting scared. Finally the family pictures came, so I went into the house. I tried to drink lots of water and relax while I waited. My parents, Gunnar, and Nathan finally got there, I ate a few bites of Snickers before walking down the aisle and somehow survived standing up there. After the wedding was over I got worse and worse. I sat in the Explorer and ate a few snacks with the AC blowing on me, but nothing helped. We got to the reception hall and while walking up to get food, my body gave out and a bridesmaid behind me, escorted me out. I was done, I couldn't even sit without everything going black and my body going numb. Talk about a scary moment!! I cried, apologized to Lindsey, and we left to get to the hotel. The reception hall didn't have AC either, so I knew even with getting food, I needed cooled off. I felt horrible for leaving, but like I said, this was serious! SO, what a crappy night for me, but what a wonderful day for my best friend! After getting back to the hotel, I got comfy, cooled off, ate food, and Mom, Dad, Nathan, Gunnar, and I just hung out.

This is our friend, Megan Vostad, who came from the Brookings area for Lindsey's wedding! She has a cute pregnant belly, with baby Lane waiting to come out in November! It was wonderful to see her, and getting to visit with her! My family and Megan had breakfast on Saturday morning, it was so nice! Nathan and I, and Megan and her husband Justin usually take a camping trip together, so with both of us having boys 7 months apart, we are looking even more forward to our future camping trips!

On Saturday morning, Lindsey and Trampus had stayed in the same hotel as us, so we got to visit with Lindsey before leaving!

After leaving Chamberlain, and saying our sad goodbyes to my parents and friends, we took off for Rapid. Tom was meeting us there with the girls, and he was appliance shopping for his home. It was a fun afternoon, but we were ready to get home. Last night, Saturday night, we got home around 8:00 and crashed fast after getting Gunnar a bath and fed!

We have 3 weddings to go, with two of them in the Hills, and one in Pierre! It's a fun time of year, and we hope this finds everyone enjoying the hot and humid days of summer!

No comments: