Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Updates

It's Wednesday already, and I'm just getting to the weekend's updates! Last week I found myself cleaning, and cleaning, and doing some more cleaning. I have noticed one big change, besides my growing belly, and that is being tired! It frustrates me since I hate taking naps, and I'll do anything to fight off sleeping in the afternoon. We have a strict schedule of bedtime around here, and if you know me well enough, most people called me "Grandma" in college, because I like being in bed by 9:15 and having my alarm go off by 6:15. I finally got Nathan into this routine, and it's amazing when you follow a sleep schedule how much sleep you do get. This winter though, we've gotten off track and are hibernating hard! Most likely this is the last week of being off our schedule, since calving will be starting, and with the coming of the nice spring weather (hopefully) it will def make it easier to get up and get outside!
Friday night we stayed home, and watched Wild Hogs. That is a cute movie, and one we had gotten as a Christmas gift, so we were excited to watch it! Saturday morning we ran to town to get drinking water and run some errands. We took the girls and stopped out at the lake so they could run around, they had a blast. Saturday afternoon I had a honey do list for Nathan to work on. We had bought a ceiling fan for the nursery, and I wanted it put up! We don't have AC so we knew we needed to get a ceiling fan put in there. Nathan did great, especially since he was a little nervous about doing his first electrical job! We had a drum roll, flipped the switch, had the fire extinguisher ready-hah-and to our surprise, it worked! No, I had no doubt it would work and I was surprised how excited we got over a new ceiling fan! After that was conquered I knew Mall Cop was playing up in the Bowman Theater and asked Nathan if we wanted to go. We both agreed it was a movie we wanted to see, and headed on up for a wonderful date night!
Sunday started out rough. To make a LONG story short, the toilet overflowed and I freaked. I took everything out of the bathroom and started scrubbing. Trust me when I say my poor husband! I scrubbed on everything, and then proceeded to vacuum the basement steps, which led to Nathan helping me bring a few items to the basement, when he stood up though, he hit his head on the light bulb and it made this loud popping sound! We had light bulb everywhere! SO, good thing I vacuumed those steps, so then I could vacuum up light bulb! Anyway, after a long afternoon of cleaning, I laid on the couch to watch "Revenge of the Nerds" with Nathan, and fell asleep. I was a tuckered out girl. Nathan had play practice, and I finished putting away everything I had brought out.
Monday morning was an early one, we had a tax appt at 9:30 while I was off to my dr appt at 9:45! My checkup went great, with a 122/78 blood pressure reading, the babe's heartbeat at 140, and my belly measuring right on 31 cm! Weight gain, 16 lbs! But we're almost down to 60 days left to go, so we're getting there! At 1:00 I had a hair appt and ended up getting a lot more chopped off than I thought, but I do love it! I also found my baby shower outfit at Maurices, so that was a big check off the list! We're getting SO excited for all of our family and friends that are coming out to visit and celebrate!
Nathan leaves tomorrow for Rapid City meetings, and will be home on Friday. I'm nervous about a storm coming through, but Nathan says we shouldn't get hit TOO hard! Great, can't wait! When is spring here? We hope that everyone is getting rid of their colds and flu bugs and getting healthy again! As for us, we're doing great up in the NW corner!

No comments: