
Here's Nathan & I before we left for the shower! He was going out to feed cows and since he is in the play, he had his 70's porn star look going on with his sideburns! He finally got to shave them off on Sunday after his last performance! Anyway, we are both so excited to meet out little guy and know that we are very blessed to have so many great family members and friends!
50 days and counting! Where is the time going? This last weekend was the big Baby Shower Weekend! On Friday, my Mom, Grandma, Aunt Marvie, and friend Megan Vostad, made the long haul out, for a fun and memorable weekend! Friday night started off with getting things and people settled in, Rita and Cullen getting here, supper, and then Nathan's play! The community play he was in was wonderful, and I haven't heard my Grandma giggle that much in a long time! Everyone enjoyed themselves, and I'm so glad we all got to see our Nathan perform! Saturday morning we had to be into town by 10:00, since my friends Shawna, Jamie, Megan, and Lindsey were throwing a baby shower for me!

Lindsey-Shawna-Me-Megan-Jamie behind ONE of the TWO cakes made with baby gifts! This one Megan made out of baskets and blankets! It was SO cute and I didn't want to tear it apart! Cupcakes, Sugar cookies, Veggies, Little Smokies, and LOTS of other yummy food was there! This first shower was from 10:00-2:00 in the Lutheran Church basement in town, and it was a blast! We played lots of games, opened lots of nice gifts, and ate a bunch of food!

Here is my friend Shawna Sundberg, we've known each other for a couple years. She is the one who got the whole shower together, and then my other friends chipped in and helped out for one memorable day! I don't realize how tall I am, until I see a picture! Thanks shorty pants, what a wonderful time we all had! :)

Lindsey & I at the shower! We looked so "Springy" together! We have known each other since first year at SDSU in 2002! She's been my roomie, my maid of honor, and now a mom herself! I was VERY excited to know she and Trinity could make it for my special weekend!

Here is Megan Vostad & I! She came from Brookings, and rode out with my Mom, Grandma, and Aunt! She fit right in! We've known each other for a few years and done a couple camping trips together! We have so much in common and I was so glad that she could make it out! A weekend I'll never forget!
After the town shower, we headed to the ranch where Cindy Painter and a friend of hers was throwing a country shower for us! We pulled up just in time, and the party started! Here are some pictures from the Painter shower!

Here I am with Debbie Burghduff in red and Cindy Painter along with the two cakes my Mom and Megan made! Mom's was made out of diapers, and Megan's was made out of blankets! They were a definite hit!

Here we are enjoying a warm drink and winding down after a BIG day of socializing and opening gifts! I let my hair down and you can tell I'm wanting to crash! We didn't end up going to bed until after midnight, and this picture was taken at 4:00 in the afternoon! I've been recovering ever since, and today is Wednesday! I'll add some more pictures from the weekend:

3 Generations! My Grandma LaBelle, my Mom Anne, and myself!

My Grandma LaBelle, and my Aunt Marvie, from Cedar Rapids, Iowa! I was SO excited that they could all make it! We had so much fun and I haven't laughed that much in a long long time!
Everyone took off on Monday morning, and we had a Doctor appt in Spearfish at 11:30 so we followed them to the interstate since the weather was bad, and then we went our separate ways. The appt went great, with a blood pressure of 115/58-wow-and his heart rate at 140 bpm! My belly is measuring at 33 cm, which is right on! Everything is looking good! After the good appt we went and did some Walmart shopping and then headed home. The temps alone have been in the -20 to -30's and that's without the windchill! We're all ready for spring! On Saturday Nathan and I head to Spearfish again for our Childbirth class from 8-5! Calving is starting up everywhere, and we're starting to check for Painter's 275 head that are over here. Once the temps get nicer out it will be much more fun to be out there! My brother Evan is in his last week of classes for college, and then he moves back home! He is coming to visit next week for a few days, and I can't wait to see him! It's been since Christmas, so I too have changed a bit since then! We hope you enjoyed the shower pictures, there are SO many I wish I could show you all of them! Thanks goes to EVERY single person who came and helped celebrate our fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment