Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuckered Out...

As I sit here typing this new post I have ice on my hip and bags under my eyes. We got hit with ANOTHER blizzard on Sunday March 29th-Monday March 30th. Today is Tuesday, and everyone has been going 110% since last weeks blizzard. Mother Nature did give us break on Saturday, but it was only a tease because she let loose again on Sunday morning. So I'll start from the beginning...
Thursday morning, March 26th, Evan left for home in Iowa. I was so sad to see him leave, and without the wind howling through the house, it was so quiet while I waited until Nathan got home that night at 9:00. The next morning we got up and started shoveling snow to get my Explorer unburied since we had a Dr. appt in Spearfish. We got to Spearfish, only to find out that Walmart was closed for the 3rd time due to snow on the roof, and the roof had been collapsing. Whoever designed that store should be feeling pretty silly right now. SO there went getting supplies we needed for the past few weeks! We had my appt at 2:15, and it went great! I stepped on the dreaded scale to find out that I had only gained a 1/2 lb in the last month which put me at 20 lbs total! I was so excited, and they said to keep up the good work! My blood pressure was right on, and the babe is doing just fine too! He loves my right side, and loves my right ribs. We try to counteract him by pushing on him and he just fights back, which doesn't feel the best! He's still a moving and shaking like crazy in there, and the Dr even laughed at how spread out he was all on the right side, not on the left! Anyway, on Monday April 6th is my next appointment, and on Thursday I'll be 36 weeks!
After the appointment we went to Applebees to celebrate Nathan's 26th birthday! Since I hadn't gotten to go shopping anywhere in about 3 weeks I didn't get his birthday gift, but he of course had a card waiting for him! After eating about 2 bites of food, I was full. Nathan ate his yummy riblets and we called it a day. It was a fast trip to say the least!
Ever since getting home the 2 hired men and Nathan have been going nonstop over here. Painters have been going 24/7 too, and the calving has been pretty intense. Again with this storm we didn't lose power, which makes all the difference! We lost our Internet for awhile, and the DISH on the TV we lost, which usually means the power is next, but we got through it without losing power, Thank Goodness!
I've been trying to help out as much as possible but feel more in the way than anything. It takes me 20 seconds to take a few steps in the deep snow compared to the boys who are in good shape, and aren't carrying a baby! I spent most of today, Tuesday, outside scooping the sidewalk and trying to get things cleaned up. We ended up with A LOT of snow, and today was the first day we got to see the wonderful sun shining and blue sky! I even ended up getting sun burnt, which was fine by me!
I have the REC center to clean, and we have Continental to get to, tomorrow night. My hip is killing me, and I'm sure it's just from overdoing it. But, like my Dad has always said, "Ah..you're tough, you're an Andresen" and now Nathan likes to say "an Andresen, Wagner!" I think that's cute!
Anyway, that's our update for now! Everyone is doing good, just tuckered out! Hopefully April will be a month full of nice warm spring weather!

No comments: