Another weekend gone! Time just keeps flying right on by it seems, and before we know it, 2010 will be here! We had a visitor this weekend! Tom came from Pierre on Friday morning, and right away, got put to work! Nathan had him helping with chores and other jobs around the ranch, while Gunnar and I were at home Christmas decorating. I'll back up....On Thursday, our alarm went off at 3:30 am. Yuck. I am a morning person, but that even kicked my butt getting up that early, especially when our little stinker didn't want to go to sleep until 11:00 that night! Anyway, we had to take a load of buffalo to Rapid, and they needed to be there by 7:00, which put us on the road at latest, by 5:00 am. After an early morning, we stopped in Sturgis on the way back home and picked out a Christmas tree! On Friday when Tom got here, we got it put in the house and Gunnar and I went to decorating! Gunnar's high chair also came Thursday night, so he sat in his new ride and watched me! He seems to really enjoy it, and with the temps being so darn cold, the girls have been in the mudroom, and some how they accidently roam into the kitchen to visit Gunnar...hmmm.. :) He LOVES Jade, and just likes Libby. He sits and talks to Jade, puts his hands out for her to lick, and just giggles at her, it is A-dorable! Friday was Tom's birthday, so I wanted to take him somewhere nice, or as nice as it gets in this neck of the woods. We went to Bowman, to Hawk's Landing. I LOVE this place! They had 2 people playing Christmas music on electric keyboards, drinking wine, and lights were dimmed. It felt luxurious to me! Anyway, we filled out bellies with steak and prime rib, and then got home to a Jello Cake that I had made, along with 53 candles!
First experience in the high chair, which he loves!
Gunnar wearing his South African Rugby jersey from Vessel. We had Vessel and Max over for supper on Thursday night, since Vessel was leaving for home on Friday. We have lots of memories with our friend, Vessel. He will be missed on the ranch, in many ways! I said that Gunnar will be the most diversified baby, because he had on his SA Rugby jersey, while Max was singing to him in German!
Tom's 53rd Birthday cake!
Blowing them out! He got them all out pretty fast I must say!
Playing with his toys on the floor! What a big boy he is getting to be!
Bubble bath! He LOVES his bubbles! He giggles when we blow them at him, we have so much fun during bath time! Gunnar looks forward to it every night, as do we!
This week is pretty uneventful, just counting down the days until my parents come for Christmas! The tree is decorated, and presents wrapped. The homemade sugar cookies and frosting still need done, but we usually eat all of them the day we make them, so we'll hold off for a bit! Nathan's sister, Caitie, and her boyfriend are coming to visit this weekend, so we're looking forward to that. That's the update for this last week! We hope this finds everyone healthy, and getting ready to celebrate Christmas.
Happy Holidays to all of our family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment