Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our week long visitor, Cullen!

Last year we had Nathan's little brother, who is 13, Cullen, come and stay with us for a week. We decided since he had so much fun last year, that he should come back this year! So last Sunday after Nathan got home from his bachelor party, Cullen came home with us! We had a week full of memories. From him getting to drive, put cows in, ride Rex for a bit, ride the four wheeler a bunch, play with the girls, trap some coons, help us clean Continental, hold Gunnar for me, and be my "Cullen, go get this for me" guy, to LOTS more, the week did go fast! With me being at home with Gunnar, it was nice to have another hand around, so I do miss having him here! And THANKS Cullen, for ALL of your help, since I know you are at the library reading this! ;)

Here's Gunnar & Cullen watching Open Season together! It was so cute when I came around the corner and saw this!

Another first for Cullen was eating Ribs! He had never eaten ribs!! He found them quite tasty! Ribs and Sweetcorn..YUM!
Last year Cullen learned about trapping coons. I've been trying to educate myself more on trapping, and even though this is only a live trap, the little stinkers are smart, so it's fun to try and outsmart them. We caught 2 babies, which are too darn stinkin cute to shoot, so we have our "Coon Relocation Program" for them, but the big buggers, they are who we target. They make such a mess out of everything, and with more than enough running around here, the few we trap aren't even making a dent in the population! Here we are with a big ol' coon! And yes, it was chilly out that night! While we were out there, a litter of coyote pups was howling in the distance.
We haven't had a picture of just US taken in awhile, so Cullen snapped one for us!

This week is full of events. Tonight I have Dresser Club, a time for a group of girls to get together, which is a lot of fun. I took Gunnar with me last month, but Nathan thought he might be home in time to take him for him. Tomorrow I am taking Gunnar down to the Hills for his 3 month pictures, I'm pretty excited for that! I'm crossing my fingers that he is our normal happy guy and not crabby! Thursday, Gunnar and I are going over to my friend Jamie's house to help her with some wedding stuff, since she gets married on Saturday! Nathan's cousin, Kelly will be there too, she is friends with Jamie, and we haven't seen Kelly in ages! Thursday night we will have to clean Continental, and then this weekend is Jamie's wedding! We're thinking of just staying in the Hills Saturday night, which would be nice, I get tired of running the road all of the time! So phew, a busy week ahead still! Nathan is busy stacking and hauling hay, so the end IS in site!

No comments: