Sunday, June 14, 2009

Special Visitors

What a wonderful weekend! On Friday we headed down to the Hills for my 6 week checkup, and to meet Evan & Julie who were coming to stay for the weekend! My checkup, besides taking forever in the waiting room, went great! Evan and Julie met us around noon, we ate lunch at the yummy Pizza Ranch, ran to Walmart where two weird women kept saying "baby covered up" in a retarded way and followed me around while I was trying to get down any aisle to get away from them, but that is another story! After Walmart, we headed to the Clinic, Safeway, and DQ for an ice cream treat, and then HOME! Yesterday flew by, and after getting Derby, our horse, caught, we got her and Rex saddled for Evan and Julie to ride. Gunnar and I stayed in the house and watched out the window. I love love love having a newborn, it's just hard for me to adjust sitting in the house watching all the action. So for that reason alone, I can't wait until he's old enough to follow his daddy around outside! :) I know I know, it will come soon enough! After Nathan rode Derby for a ways in the pasture, Evan and Julie went on a ride. After they went on their ride, Evan took Julie out to the pasture to see the buffalo! She had never been that close to buffalo, and they are a bit intimidating! After a long, hot, and buggy day outside, we had supper and started a movie. They took off this morning with Derby in the two horse trailer which Evan pulled behind his pickup. Derby has been a part of Nathan and I for 6 years. She has been shipped around every place we've lived at from Summer 2003 until now, so it was a bitter sweet goodbye. I know Evan will get to ride her, where here she just sits in the pasture, and I know my Dad will spoil her! So, as weird as it is to look out the window and not see her, I know she'll be loved in Iowa.

After Evan and Julie took off this morning at 8:15, Nathan and I relaxed for a bit, and then he went out to mow. I was inside getting things done with Gunnar, and got a small 45 minute nap in. After Nathan ran out of gas, he came in for lunch. While we were finishing up, Gunnar was sleeping in his swing, and we were reading newspapers, some more visitors showed up! We weren't expecting anyone, and couldn't see the plates on the pickup. I couldn't believe when I looked out the window and saw Don & Linda Friedrichsen walking up our sidewalk! They are friends of the family, and live down in Iowa! What a wonderful surprise, but how in the world did they find us?? After hearing the road trip they had been on to Canada to get a tractor, they were staying in Bowman, ND which is 45 minutes North of Buffalo, and had time to come visit us! They stopped in town to ask where the Painter Ranch was located and where we lived on it! What a fun visit we had and we Thank You both for making our day! It's been 3 hours since they left, and I still can't believe they were here filling up our afternoon with wonderful times! Thanks again to you two!!
Once again, what a wonderful weekend spent with family & friends! Next weekend we are headed to Brookings for a wedding, and Mom & Dad are coming to see us and babysit Gunnar for us, and I can't wait to see them!

No comments: