Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 Months Old

Gunnar Sage is 2 months old! All decked out in his John Deere gear from Grannie Annie, Grampy JD, and Uncle Evan. This month flew by and he has had so many changes! The first of course being his smiles. No matter how frustrated and tired I am, it takes one little smile from him to cheer me up for awhile! The second new thing would be his cooes and the talking that he is doing, oh the many conversations we have had already! :) I started putting the onesies in a box that no longer fit our little guy. I can't believe how fast he's grown out of them!

Our 2 month checkup is a week from tomorrow in Spearfish. Since Nathan will be working, my good friend Jamie will be going with me. I know I need some sort of support, since Gunnar has figured out how to put his bottom lip out and pout, which leads to my heart melting!
Today was a fun day for me. Jamie Swan, soon to be Brown, came over to our house to scrapbook and hangout with Gunnar and I. We have so much in common, and with her wedding coming up in August, we always have plenty to talk about! I'll add a picture of the first scrapbook page for Gunnar's book. About time I get something done-HA! It turned out really cute, with the letters sparkling that read his birth date, weight and length.

Tomorrow Gunnar and I will be going into town for the Youth Rodeo, depending on the weather! Nathan has been putting in some big days haying, so this will be a nice break from Gunnar and I being at home alone without Nathan, and for us to socialize a bit! Then on Thursday, my friend Shawna from town, and her kids, will be coming out to the ranch to help me spruce up our front yard area. I didn't get my flowers planted this year, but the weeds need to be controlled! We aren't sure what the 4th of July holds for us quite yet. I know we both have a picnic in our plans, but as far as where our picnic will take place at, we're not sure! The community has fireworks out at the lake that is West of town a few miles, and most people go to the lake to watch them, but we can go to the top of the highest hill on the Painter Ranch and see them from a ways away! Last year Mom and Dad got in on watching the fireworks from the hill, nothing but watching fireworks out in the middle of the prairie! Whatever your plans are, we wish you a very Happy Fourth of July enjoyed with your family and friends!

No comments: