Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fishing Time!

Well besides working on our acreage, which we've taken minimal breaks from, we have been fishing 4 times with Gunnar! The first 3 times were trying...what to bring to keep G busy? Lots of snacks-ha! We still need to get a time in where just Nathan and I get to go, but for now, we did good with our 2 year old busy bodied son. I think he was starting to wonder IF we knew what we were doing...because we were not catching anything! Finally, our luck changed, and Nathan and I both caught 2 nice bass!
These pics are from the 1st time we took Gunnar out, and yeah, he looks all calm and collected, but this was only for the first 10 minutes! I am happy to say that we didn't have any major breakdowns, and he's lasted anywhere from an hour to two, which is great for someone with a short attention span and for a mother who is not a good multi-tasker! Sharp hooks, worms, water, prego belly, PLUS a 2 year old...all in a tipsy boat...yeah I'll say we've done good! :)
Nathan and I haven't done many date nights...which we NEED to do in order to keep things calm! I have attendancy to be around Gunnar for days on end without much of a break, and overdue it with housework and organizing....and then seem to have a mild breakdown when things aren't going right, just to realize that I've gone days with G clinging to me, day and night (sometimes) We're in lots of transitions...with more to come I realize! And sometimes, instead of fighting the child at night time, I'll crawl in his big boy bed with him, with intentions of getting out, and then fall asleep till morning! SO...date night was a must a couple weeks ago. Our good friends, Mike and Katie Modrell and us went to the Cherokee Rodeo. I knew that after seeing people riding and roping that the boys would be all jacked up to get more riding done this summer, especially since I blogged last time (a month ago-sorry) that Mike has the perfect arena and steers. So now, every Monday night the boys are going to a local arena to rope, and get more educated on roping! It's a win-win for everyone, since Katie and I were getting tired of hearing how spoiled we are with having ONE night a month to get together with our Dresser Club, which is girls time!
 Anyway, here is our date night picture!

7.5 months pregnant!
Which leads me to my next update...
As of today I'm just short of being 8 months along, which means I have 8 weeks or less until we meet Baby Wagner! We have so much to do, but it's funny how calm I am this go around! Tom is coming this weekend-thank goodness-and I'm hoping to get a lot of accomplished as far as the 4 new windows installed, ceiling painted, trim work done, and new carpet put down! I have been going to my 2 week appts and everything is right on track! Now if the heat continues to show up in 3 day phases, and then leaves again...I'll be good to go! We hadn't had our AC on...until 2 weeks ago when the temps were unbearable! When 85 degrees was a "cool down" you know it was hot! So it came on for 2 days, and those two days were bliss on the main floor, the upstairs (where ALL the bedrooms are) was SO hot...sleeping was very uncomfortable for everyone!
We purchased a boat-a little puddle jumper :) to fish the local dams and ponds around! So far the $350 we paid for it has already paid for itself! We finally caught some Bass for Gunnar to see! I think he was starting to give up on us...and then Nathan caught one for him!
But Mama was the winner for the day! :) I just love beating my husband, especially in the fishing department! This bass, like they usually do, put on a fight! My adrenaline was pumping because I wanted Gunnar to see this fish so badly! I was so proud for balancing everything from Gunnar to toys and snacks, to baiting my hook (which isn't easy with everything going on) and then to end the day with this fish! It's been a fun investment, and I can only imagine the years to come of all the fun we'll have in this boat!

No comments: