A big, nasty, 4ft long bull snake that is!! So GROSS! And yes, it's in my kitchen..just under my feet, and I was inches away from accidentally grabbing it WITH the laundry that is on the floor ready to wash! I haven't been that shook up in a long long time! Nathan was my hero, and after screaming lots of things at each other...Nathan grabbed a pitchfork and escorted him O.U.T. and now he's dead. And while we both felt bad about killing him-sort of-we knew he'd come back to our house if we didn't kill him! I can now tolerate the millions of Asian stink beetles that have invaded our home, or that mouse that was in my kitchen this fall? Anytime...I can handle that! But please, please, please....don't ever bring this 4 foot nasty snake into my home!! And while I could deal with them, and rattle snakes on the ranch...this was a whole different ball game! Going to reach down to grab that pile of laundry and looking down to see that I'm eye to eye with this thing that should not be there, was a whole different feeling!
That's been our excitement in the last 24 hours! And while everyone is telling me that where there is one, there is more than one...I cannot muster up the courage to walk downstairs in my creepy basement! And you can bet that every time I come from the dining room, into my kitchen, I look down at that exact spot to make sure the snake isn't there!
Gunnar sure got an ear full...poor kid! He was shaking as well, and giving me kisses all over my face, while saying "Mama....Mama....Mama" So we learned that the letter S...is for snake, and we are to never ever bring them in the house!
Here's to hoping this is the one and only snake that is ever found in my house again! Wish us luck with this old farmhouse! :)
Graduation 2025
2 months ago
1 comment:
shut up...i would have flipped out! how in the world did that get into your house...aaahhh!!!
Post a Comment