In November we found out that Baby #2 would be joining us on or around August 12th! I was pretty nervous for awhile, and was finding it hard to even get excited that we were going to have two kids, 2.5 years apart! While Gunnar has been amazing from birth, it's a lot of work! Was I going to be able to do this?? So after having the same exact pregnancy from week 5-20..I kept telling Nathan that it was another boy. I had zero pregnancy symptoms, felt normal, and even questioned if I was pregnant!! On March 29th we had our 20 week ultrasound, and sure enough, another sweet little cowboy for this mama to love! It made it SO real, getting to finally see him, getting perfect measurements, and seeing his longgg legs! I know there will be tough days, but I'm excited to have two little boys growing up together, being best buds! I am feeling great, normal, very non pregnant....which is nice! My lil' guy is growing, and we're already past 5 1/2 months along! Gunnar talks of babies, and knows when a baby cries, but other than that, has no idea that he won't be my number one forever! :( I know we'll adjust just fine, but I will be more nervous to see how he reacts!
Our house is coming along. We have been moved in since October, but boy does it take awhile to figure out where things need to go! We'll be getting the nursery ready now that we know it's a boy, using all of G's things! That was another reason I was SO excited for another boy, I get to use all of Gunnar's cute cowboy and farm clothes again...Wranglers, boots, and Cinch shirts for this babe to look just as cute as G did as a baby cowboy! Back to the house...we got all new laminate flooring in our dining room! That sure made a big difference and added to our living space! I'm always trying to find cute, cheap, antique looking buys to put in my home! It's definitely looking like us, very country and cozy!
Here is our dining room, I just love our cheap old table that we bought for $30. Nathan made the benches for me, and we can fit around 10 people at it!
Gunnar will turn TWO on April 30th! He's so funny. Talking up a storm, mostly about John Deere's, Papa, Brahma (grandma), Unc (uncle Evan), Dadda, or Mama. He loves his chickens, and his calf Belle. The dogs Jeeede (Jade) and NumNum (Libby) rank right up there too! He'll be having a John Deere birthday this year! The time has just flown, I feel like I was just blogging about being pregnant with Gunnar, and here we are with number two! He's pretty independent. He knows how to hang his coat up, usually without being asked after we come inside. He takes his hat off and on, which makes him look 10 instead of 2. He'll have his 2 year checkup, but I'm guessing around 30 lbs, and he's so tall, it will be interesting to see his height. He's over half as tall as Brahma Anne...we know that for sure! He's outside as much as he can be, usually in his own little world.
We hope this finds everyone gearing up for spring! We've got the garden almost ready to have things planted, and now we need to start getting the horses back into shape! I won't be able to do a lot of riding, but I'll at least put G in the saddle with me and do some walking around in our friends arena! Keep watching, and checking in, I'm hoping to get better at updating again! Happy Spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment