Mike, Katie, & Wyatt (3 months) along with Erica, Nathan, & Gunnar (18 months) Wyatt was a Teddy Bear!
Leaving the house!
He wasn't quite sure of the whole ordeal, but after seeing the first handful of candy go in his bucket, he was pretty sure he could handle this Halloween business! Jade peeking over the door at Gunnar-ha! I absolutely love this picture!
Of course we always do a corn shock. Even when we lived on the ranch, where there is NO corn, I made some calls to a guy that DID grow a field, and got permission to chop a bunch! So every year we do our corn shock with pumpkins and indian corn!
Grandma & Papa Andresen came to celebrate Papa's 55th Birthday! What a spook! I made a homemade from scratch (1st time) Flat Apple Pie! Thanks to Pioneer Woman, a blog I follow, and a cookbook that she wrote, it turned out beautiful and yummy! I was SO proud of myself! :)
We had the Modrell family down for supper at our house, and then we loaded the boys up! It was fun getting to go around to certain friends and show the boys off! We didn't get to everyone we wanted to, but next year we know we'll have to leave a lot earlier! All in all it was a fun 1st time trick or treating. Last year Gunnar was only 6 months old and I didn't want to take him out, so this year was our first time taking him!
Another milestone was hit, 18 months! Gunnar had his checkup right after Halloween, and he is weighing in at 25 lbs, and is 35 inches long! A long, skinny, happy, healthy lil' guy! The words he can say now, it just amazes me! This weekend and week has has learned, "John Deere", "Papa", "Ma", "balloon", along with all of the others he knew before! He also usually knows exactly what we are talking about! When we went outside this morning, he started howling and pointing, well it made sense because we had major coyotes yelping not far from us the other night. It was so calm out, we all could hear them, and Gunnar picked up on that! My house usually looks like a tornado hit, and thankfully my husband is nice enough to say that the house looks great every night when he gets home! I am a person that cannot stand things being out of order, so I am constantly picking up behind him, until I realize that Gunnar could careless what me, my house, or anything else, looks like. As long as he's having FUN! SO, I'm working on "letting loose" and having fun, but it's hard!
We now have ALL of our critters at our farm! We helped wean calves a week ago, and had the horses over in the Galva Hills. It's always a challenge because we're so used to the wide open prairie, that the rough hills scare this mama! I hang in there, white knuckling it the whole time! Nathan is always so good about checking in on me, making sure I'm doing okay. Rex was being a bit naughty the other day, but I had the guts to give him an attitude adjustment, and that seemed to solve it, thank goodness! Anyway, after riding on a beautiful afternoon, we brought the trailer down to our house, unloaded everything, including Gunnar's calf, Belle. She is so tiny, a twin at birth, bottle fed, and then showed at the County Fair. She is so tame, and just Gunnar's size! So we have the two girls, Libby and Jade, the two horses, Rex and Cheryl, 9 chickens, and Belle! Every morning Gunnar and I go out and do chores. Since it's gotten cold, it is such a pain to get all bundled, but we're getting a system down. We let the girls out, feed the girls, let the chickens out, get a head count of 9 (because I won't go in the coop if they are sitting on a nest!) gather the eggs, which Gunnar LOVES checking to see if there are any eggs for the day, we feed and water Belle, and then go over to the horses, water and feed the horses, and then put the girls back in their garage! After all of that, which usually takes awhile due to short little legs, mud "aacckk" as Gunnar says, he doesn't enjoy getting all muddy just yet, which is fine by me, we "try" to go inside!But then I either have to carry him, which he is getting heavy, or we have to find a different route away from mud and snow! He hates going in, even when his hands are freezing and his nose is red! I have a feeling we'll be investing in Bibs and mud boots here shortly! Oh it's so much fun though, I know by the end of winter I'll be ready for spring!
2 weekends ago we traveled to Sioux Falls for Amy Modrell's wedding! It was beautiful, and we stayed in a kick-butt Hilton hotel! We were so impressed, which we should be with the nice price tag! It was a fun time, and I even got to catch up with a gal I went to High School with! She is great at blogging, and I enjoying reading about her two adorable kids! Thanks for the fun time Liz, we will have to do a play date with the kids sometime soon! :)
This last weekend, Rita (Nathan's Mom) and Cullen came to visit. They got here on Friday night, and left Sunday morning. We had a fun time, and even braved the first snowy weather to go to a craft and vendor fair! It was fun, and I found some neat barn wood trees and snowmen, very original! This coming weekend we're planning on going to Sioux City's big craft fair, it's huge, at least the Spring one was! Everyone said that if we enjoyed the Spring Fair (which we did) that the Fall/Winter one is even better! VERY excited!
Thanksgiving will be held here! I'm very excited, we usually do Thanksgiving, and then go cut our tree down the day after! Nathan's Dad, Tom, and Cullen will be coming, along with Steve, Michelle, and Skye, from TX, and I think the crazies from Cedar Rapids are coming too! I love Thanksgiving, definitely a favorite Holiday of mine!
Warm cider, chocolate chip muffins, and farm fresh eggs are on my counter right now, lots to do, and now that Gunnar is down for a nap, I need to get to it! Thanks for checking in!


1 comment:
it was so much fun to chat and meet your little man...he is so stinkin cute! i want to see picts of the house!!! hope you guys are staying warm =)
Post a Comment