To start off, on October 8th, Nathan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! The time just keeps flying on by! We got up on Friday the 8th and I was told to "pack and overnight bag, and your shotgun" so I did as I was told! I hadn't had a night away from Gunnar yet, so I was a little nervous to leave him, even though my parents kept him! We got to my parents South corner and Nathan told me that we were headed to Yankton, to go back to where we got engaged at 7 years ago, do some antiquing, and shoot some clays at a sporting clays place. The weather was gorgeous and I couldn't wait to pull into beautiful Yankton, SD. We stopped at 5 antique stores total, I was on a mission to find a set of canisters, to put Flour, Sugar, etc. in, and finally after 4 other places and no luck, this lady in Yankton was so helpful in searching the store for me! To make the day a little more interesting, I learned some Yankton history, due to my husbands brain that is full of history, usually useless history too-ha! Anyway, Yankton was the first town established in SD (I guess??) and I got a Quart Jar out of the first home built in the first town of SD! I know, sort of silly, but I was excited, it now holds Flour in my kitchen! :) We got checked into a King suite at the Holiday Inn Express (we love their beds, pillows, and breakfast!) and then went to eat at the Pizza Ranch-yum! After that we went to the opening show of "Life as we know it" and it was a great great movie! One that we'll be purchasing when it comes out! So a lot a lot of fun was had on our 5th Anniversary, and even though it was only 2 hours away, it was a blast, and a much needed break from every day living! We went back to the dam where we got engaged on Saturday, and watched a record number of people paddle fishing, which made us jealous and wish that we had had tags. Still, it was fun. My camera went dead on Saturday morning, so I'll add the few pics I took! We asked around about finding a sporting clays course, but nothing was too close to go to. We know of one outside of Brookings, but we didn't want to drive any farther just to go shoot, when we can do that any day! So we opted for more antiquing! :)
October 8th 2010-5 year Anniversary!
Having fun at Yankton!
Where we got engaged (paddle fishing on the rocks) 7 years ago!
Today, October 30th, Gunnar turned 18 months! Where did THAT time go to? Feels like I was just in the hospital having him, and here we are, a year and a half later, loving that little guy more than I'd ever guess we would! He makes me laugh with all of his copying sounds, words that he tries to spit out! Combines and tractors are his love, along with the 9 head of chickens we have, the horses and the dogs! He is a definite outdoors man, and we wonder why?? I am getting concerned of what we're going to do this winter, in the sense of wearing the little guy out! He can walk our place over and over and over, he just loves it! The corn around our place is still in the field, and so we go pick a few ears every night for the chickens. He loves walking the rows, and don't worry Great Grandma Belle, I'm teaching him that if he ever gets lost in a corn field, that if he just stays in the same row, he'll eventually come to the end!! :) I always got told that growing up! Tomorrow night Gunnar will be dressed as a LION! He and Wyatt Modrell (Mike and Katie's babe) will be going to a few people's house to show off their costumes and cuteness! Gunnar has been carrying his pumpkin candy bucket around! Hopefully he'll get a few good treats, too bad for him that he can't eat much candy though, because Mom and maybe Dad, will have to help him eat it! It will be a fun time for him, especially at the age he's at!
Well, even though this post was short for an update, we did a lot this month with moving and harvest going on! I tried to help as much as possible, and now we're starting to wean calves. I'm hoping to get to ride with this nice weather, but we'll have to see! Nathan will be starting a new position at work, but only for a fill in of 3 weeks, in the lab. I, of course, cannot wait! It will be a regular, normal 7:30-4:30 position, 5 days a week! I won't know what to do with myself! I'm praying that this position will come open soon, and that Nathan likes the lab so much that he takes it, but there's a lot of "ifs and wishes" in that sentence! Time will tell, and I'm hoping something with better hours opens up soon, even though he's content with his silly schedule!
A Happy 28th Anniversary wish to my wonderful parents on their wonderful day today! Gunnar is 1 1/2, my parents celebrate 28th years together, and Josie (Ev's blonde lab) turns 2 today!!
Happy Halloween to everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment