Patience. This is something that is so hard for me! I just want moved into our new place SO bad!! We've been working our tails off, and I know that in the end it will be beautiful, it's just the getting there. It's so hard with Gunnar being 16 months, and into everything! We had tons of help this weekend, and without such great people, wouldn't even be this close to moving in! Carpet in the living room is going to be ordered within the next couple days. We talked to the carpet guy and he said the kind we picked out is in stock, so now it's a matter of getting my living room finished painting (mostly just the trim is left) and getting all the sanding clippings, and white texture mud off my floor! We started laying the kitchen tiles this weekend, which I will admit, do love. I didn't think they needed replaced, but now, I just loovee it! Some day when we have our minds and money in line-ha-we'll have our dream kitchen, but for now, our kitchen will be fine! The dining room floor has been a bugger all along. We've spent more time on that, than anything! They are beautiful wood floors, but getting to them has been the impossible part! We'll keep working and sanding them, and maybe, just maybe they'll shine through!
Gunnar is now 16 months-yikes!! He hasn't learned any new words from last month, but has acquired an attitude. If he doesn't want picked up, the teeth go to your hand and he tries to bite, which leads to me disciplining him, which I've come to find out, is NOT easy! Or he'll give me lots and lots of hugs, and while I'm saying "you are so nice Gunnar, Thank-You for the hugs" he'll lift his head up, bring his hand up and threaten to hit me! I know, these are minor issues in life, BUT, in the Wagner world, Gunnar is trying to run the show! So we're learning about being patient and disciplining in our parenting aspect too!
I can't believe it's been one week since Megan's funeral service. I sit back and think of Justin and Lane all of the time. I wonder how being a single dad is treating him, how sleeping at night would be, and seeing all of the constant reminders of Megan, little things such as her hair ties, makeup, clothes, and every little thing is going. I would want to scream, but I'm sure Justin is holding it together, he is so strong. I miss my friend, a lot. Her daily email to me, and the fact that she was always one of the first to comment on new FB pictures. Her status' on FB were always so funny, and controversial at times. She made people think, smile, and giggle on a daily basis. Yep, I sure am missing that girl. I did however get to bring home a Peace Lily from her funeral. I was more than excited to put it at our new home! I also bought a ceramic tile, and put her sticker on that her other friend had made. It's of Megan's horse tattoo that she had, and they put Megan's name and date in the inside, it's very neat. Once we're moved, I'll take a picture of it.
I read another friend's blog about being Thankful for everything that we have. It's so true, and easy to take things for granted. I know last week when Gunnar was being a stinker about wanting me 24/7 and after finding out about Megan, I told Nathan that Gunnar can want his momma all he wants, because Megan won't get to hold her little Lane or tuck him in, like I can with Gunnar.
Hopefully once we're settled, which should be happening in the next 2 weeks (cross your fingers!) I'll be able to update weekly again, with pictures next time too! Enjoy this beautiful fall-like weather, I absolutely love it!
Graduation 2025
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment