Well, while we should be moved into our new home, we're not. Where to start....last week we opened our storage unit, the one in town that has our whole life of 8 years in it. Anyway, we go to all the trouble of borrowing a huge enclosed snowmobile trailer from Evan's to-be in laws, start loading our things, and start to notice....M.O.L.D. and lots of it. I handled this very well keep in mind, I stayed calm and cool, but my husband on the other hand, well, he lost it! We started making phone calls. The storage unit guy (who lives across the street) if he was home he could've seen how happy we really were! Insurance was called, and they got back to us. Nothing they could do. Keep in mind this is our brand new mattress which is around $1000, our new couch, another $1000, and our gorgeous bedroom set, $2000. Oh yeah, and the $400 we've paid over the last 8 months to store our things there. So there we sat, sitting in the trailer, just mad, crying, and frustrated. I keep my cool for quite awhile longer than I thought I would, and then finally lost it when I discovered my huge wedding bouquet that Mom had made me 5 years ago for our wedding, was complete mold. It's been a week now, and while we're saving a few things, washing them in bleach and hot water, our tempers are cooling down! Last night we got a phone call from the guy who owns the storage unit and he said to submit a claim with his insurance and see what happens. We pray that we get SOME money, anything will help, with replacing these things. I know everything is materialistic, but it's so hard to see our hard earned money go down the drain. We've been working hard, along with good friends of the family, to get the house painted and updated so that we could move in. I said in a sarcastic voice "HA, look at it this way, we're all moved in!" as tears streamed down my face. Darn humidity and wet summer anyway!
On Friday we took a break from the farm and everyday life and headed to the Spencer fair. I hadn't been there in at least 10 years, maybe more, so Mom and Dad, Gunnar and I went up to it! It was a FUN day, especially seeing Gunnar's eyes light up at the animals! He loved the chicks and baby pigs, and whinnied at the horses in the show ring! It was adorable! Next year we're making it a point that Daddy gets to come with us!
Tomorrow Nathan's Dad will be coming to visit, and on Saturday morning Tom, Nathan, and I will be heading to Iowa City to watch the Hawks play! My parents will be in CO at a wedding, so Gunnar will be going to a friend of the family. They have a 5 year old little guy, and Gunnar gets a big kick out of playing with Colton! Everyone will be busy traveling this weekend, and I hope it's a nice Fall weekend for all the events going on!
Here are some updated Gunnar pictures! He'll be 17 months on September 30th! He has aquired the nickname "Monster" and "Pistol" lately!
This morning he wanted his boots and spurs on! Grandma went to get him out of his crib, and he wasn't going anywhere until those were on his feet with his jammies and milk! He sat this way for quite awhile!

Outside looking at the trees and blowing bubbles!
Some of my favorites...

Thanks for checking in with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment