Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1st Haircut!

Well, I finally gave in. The guys, meaning Nathan, my dad, and Evan plus any other guy friend or relative, have wanted Gunnar's hair cut for awhile now. I told them, "let me have a YEAR to cut it" and so they did. Of course, not without giving me crap every time it was in his eyes, or curled in the back under his hat though! :) So the time was nearing for his first birthday, and everyday there was talk about "Gunnar's hair"! My Mom wanted to cut it, Nathan said he'd cut it, my Grandma said she'd cut it, and my aunt who used to be a hair cutting lady, said she'd cut it. Well, being the nervous nellie that I am, I made an appt in Holstein for Monday at 1:45. So...here's how it panned out!




Gunnar did really really good! He sat there like a champ, munching on snacks and getting tickled by the hairdresser! He looks SO BIG now, I can't believe how much of a difference a haircut makes! Yes, I have a baggy of his hair that I saved, and yes I had a few tears in my eyes, but all in all, it was a wonderful experience.
Everyday he is learning something new, if it's a sound he makes, or a mimic of his head nodding NO or YES, he's adorable. Another FIRST down, can't believe we've made it through a year with such an easy, happy, and healthy little boy! May the next year continue to be so much fun, and let all of our lessons we've learned, stick close by!
Before I forget, Gunnar also had his 1 year checkup with Shelly yesterday. He's in the top scales for his height, like he has been all along and is 32 inches tall, and is weighing in at 20.5 lbs! He had 3 sets of shots :( Poor punkie. AND, I was a horrible mother and forgot his lovie blanket, so we got to hear a screaming baby for longer than usual. He did good, but next time (15 months ckup) I will definitely remember his blankie! Once again, another lesson learned!

No comments: