Monday, May 18, 2009

Our life...

Our lives have been changed..forever! All for the better of course! Gunnar Sage is a wonderful and amazing baby. We couldn't ask for a better baby in fact! He is an eater, and with the size of hands and feet this boy has, might turn into a big guy, like his dad! He loves to sleep, thank goodness, but defiantly is a morning person, just like his mama. He wakes like his dad, long stretches, slow to open his eyes, and then bam...ready to eat! :) We are discovering something new every day, but with our teamwork, we know we'll be just fine in the adjusting process.

My Mom left on Friday May 8th, and it was a very sad day. She was a HUGE help, and we appreciated everything big and small that she did. It was time though, I needed to learn to do things on my own, and so far everything she taught me has come in handy! Good thing I've had such great roll models growing up, my parents are amazing.

Gunnar went to his first branding on Saturday! Our neighbors invited us over to their branding, and since the weather was so nice, we decided to go. Gunnar slept right through all the cows bawling for their babies and it was fun watching all the calves get branded and vaccinated. It was a great opportunity on my part to get out and sit in the nice weather too!

This next weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we're heading to Iowa!! I'm so excited, it's been since December since we've been home, and it's Gunnar's baptism. The church that I grew up with, in which I was baptized, confirmed, and married in, is where we'll have Gunnar baptized at. I couldn't be more excited to go home, and for Evan to meet his nephew! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, Iowa is around a 10 hour trip, and with a newborn it could be a long haul! So far he's been a great little traveler, and hopefully he likes this trip!

The weather is finally cooperating, so we've been taking walks with Gunnar and the girls. I even ventured out by myself the other day and it went good. We love our carrier we bought, it's been the best buy so far! All in all, we're all doing excellent and praying everything continues this way! We hope this little update finds everyone doing just as good as well!
This bottom picture was taken after bath time! Our cuddly little guy!

2 comments:

Andrew and Darcy said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little guy! He looks so grown up already. I love the name- I wondered what kind of name you would pick. It's perfect. I'm so glad you had a hand for the first week. My mom came and then went home only to have me call her to come back one more week. HaHa! This last weekend we went back to Pierre for graduation and saw some family member that we haven't seen in a couple years. It was wonderful. My cousins came and one has a set of 6 month twins and my other cousin has a little girl that is 5 months. We took lots of baby photos and mommy photos. I really enjoyed seeing everyone. Daraby was a bit jealous of me holding other babes. So funny! Anyway I am tickled pink or should I say "blue" for you three! lots of hugs! darcy, andrew, daraby and abby

Megan Vostad said...

LOVE THE TOWEL!!!!