Today around 2:30 we got our electricity back on!! On Wednesday, a blizzard decided to come through, bringing 70 & 80 mph winds with it. I must say, I was really doubting this storm would produce much, and that's the last time I do that! Around 8:00 Wednesday night, there went the lights. I figured, heck, we got through 10 days without power from the May blizzard, I can do this! But this time around it was a little colder out, with a lot more wind. Nathan pulled Painters generator out on Thursday morning, and we got the little space heater plugged in. I immediately put it on my feet and had a ton of blankets wrapped around me, I just couldn't get warm. We tried going to town yesterday so that I could get a warm shower, and since West River Deer unfortunately opens tomorrow, Nathan needed to get to his office to check messages, email, office stuff! Well, we made it to town after a long haul, just to get buried on the west side of the courthouse! How embarrassing, and a bad deal! Luckily, the county guys were out and pulled us out after Nathan had dug for 20 minutes! Needless to say, we went to Cenex to grab water, ice, gas, and skittles and headed home. It took about an hour to get home, and I honestly wanted to stay in the pickup! It was warmer and more cozy in there! haha.
So now onto today...Nathan went to work by 9, and I managed to boil enough water for a sink full of dishes to do. I read my book, all wrapped in my fleece blanket, with my long underwear and lots of layers on! I was never so happy to hear that furnace turn on!! Nathan had just gotten home to grab more warm and dry clothes, so that he could get a snowmobile since some rude, and dumb people who tried going up into the Slim Buttes got stranded. They wanted to get up there to hunt tomorrow, and were almost out of propane. I'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to do that, you should find your own way out! What a way to start out the weekend, that's for sure!
We ended up with 10 inches of snow, which isn't much compared to the Hills, but the drifts around our house are insane! The girls are LOVING this snow! They run the drifts back and forth, acting like puppies, it's so cute!
That's the update for now! We survived, and the power is back!
Graduation 2025
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment