Today I actually had more energy! I don't know if it's because I knew I didn't have to work today or not, BUT..it still felt good to have energy finally! Tomorrow is 11 weeks, which means in 7 days, I'll be out of this first trimester stuff! THEN, I might start buying a few things! It's been a rule around here that we weren't buying any baby stuff until I hit the 2nd trimester, so we're almost there! I think I had to talk myself into it more than Nathan, but hey, it was a good goal!
We got out to the sorghum field that is a couple miles SE of our house around 6:15, we were totally set up with our 18 full body decoys, two blinds to lay in, and our two guns, by 6:45ish! Nathan took the pickup over the hill, and we layed with the wind at our back. It was a chilly morning, but since I had seen the birds in this field yesterday at 7:30, we were pretty sure they would be coming back. Well, as our luck would have it for today, the first group saw us and came honking on in! Well usually Nathan calls the shot and says to "Take Em" well, this morning I was a little (or a lot) ancy to shoot a goose, and decided since the birds were right in our face, to shoot! SO, I pulled up and shot one...down. Then shot again...down. Oh my gosh, I had just gotten my first double and Nathan still hadn't shot. SO I pull my trigger again, and nothing! Well, my shell had jammed, which means my gun needs cleaning. I look over at Nathan, and he had shot, thought he hit one, and nothing came down. So there we were, two birds on the ground, from ME shooting! I love goose hunting, it is our favorite, so of course I screamed in excitement! My wonderful teacher of how many years, didn't get a bird, and I got 2!! Needless to say, I was super excited and Nathan was pretty proud, but disappointed in himself.
We decided that since a few other groups had flown over, but not came in, that we would pick up and go home. So that's what we did, and while we had the pickup out in the field, and getting decoys picked up and taking pictures, a pair of geese flew right in, and I yelled at Nathan to take a shot! Well, it probably wasn't the best of moves, but Nathan shot this goose at 90 yards and down it came!! It was an amazing shot, and we all felt better since HE got a bird too! The limit on geese is 3 a person, so we had gotten one limit's worth, and had a great 2 hours, from set up to tear down together! We got home, cleaned birds, and got comfy to watch a movie and warm up! It couldn't have worked out any better really! So, the picture above is me with my two BIG geese, and I plan on writing a Thank-You to the landowner, since it wasn't on Painters, and sending him this picture of me. After thinking about it, we came up that we got 3 birds, on our 3rd Anniversary, with me being (almost) 3 months pregnant! I guess it was the day of 3's!
Here is Nathan's goose that he put an amazing shot on! This picture is so cute because he looks like a proud little boy with his bird! haha..
The rest of this week is pretty uneventful.
Tomorrow I have to clean a couple houses, and I think Nathan is working. He has to save up hours, since he is working most all hours on weekends for hunting season. Painters have hunters coming to stay at the trailer house on Friday, but we're not sure where they are from, or if we met them before, so hopefully it goes well!
On Friday I might be heading to Spearfish for supplies. I have a bunch of friends that are coming on Wed night to our house and we're carving pumpkins! SO, I need to get a bunch of party supplies, and just normal grocery run!
My antelope tag is valid for this Saturday, but I think a couple days next week Nathan is going to go out with me! Hopefully I get something!
This last picture is in front of our house. I got my corn shock!! No pumpkins, but they are on their way! I can't get over how yellow of leaves that tree has put out! It is just beautiful, but with these hard winds, and chance of snow for the weekend, I'm not sure how long they will last! Happy Fall!! 
4 comments:
Hey you! Sounds like a fun relaxing day...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :) Things are going good here, coming home on Friday. Love being here, but looking forward to being home. I love where Nathan put the plant bench! :) Will be very nice when springs comes around and there are flowers in there! :) anyways...take care and have a great rest of the week...will talk to you on Saturday! Hugs and Love! - Shawna
Happy Anniversary Y'all!!!
Always enjoy checking in each week to see what's going on in your lives. Congratulations on the upcoming baby from all of us here. Looking forward to trapping season but it seems we're never quite ready. Let me know if you need some tips on catching those coons. Ready to do some squirrel hunting but still too many leaves on the trees. Another week should really change that. Happy anniversary, can't believe it's already been three years. Kenny and I just reached 29 years together. Take care!
Sherry
HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY! Even tho I haven't gotten your card sent, yet! ha! You know the wish is all the same! Way to go Erica! Had to say that just to rub it in to Nathan, I know he'll get even....he ended up with a big bird too...geesh you two...I am always amazed at every one of your adventures. I love reading about them and your corn shock looks so cute! Gotta love it! XOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment