Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goofy Gunnar Story

Well, it's no lie that Gunnar is GOOFY! He is at such a FUN age, and even though we have our tantrums, swear words, scratching, and kicking, he really is a good and smart kid! We take for granted how independent he is, and when I see other almost 3 year olds, I then realize just how mature Gunnar is! So the other day he was screaming "Gunnar peeing outside!!" I said "okay, good job buddy" because this meant I didn't have to trek upstairs toting at least 20 lb Sutton with Gunnar grabbing on to my jeans, trying to have me "pull" him up! Lately, he says the upstairs is "scarrrry" so I have to go up, make sure it is safe, and then he goes to the bathroom. He's been potty trained for 9 months already, and all of a sudden I have to go with! So outside peeing weather is VERY welcome! :) I was feeding Sutton at the time Gunnar went outside, and after a few quiet minutes decided that I should probably check in on him. And THIS...is what I found outside my kitchen window:
Standing on his trike...
First he went this way...
and then he went this way...all while jumping the mud :)
With a final howl on his trike...oh yes, he is GOOFY!

Things around here have been good. The boys are STILL battling snotty noses, and G still has a cough, but they are bound to get over it, right?!? The runny noses are slowing down, but geez we've had a bug in this house! The weather has been cooperating awesomely, so lots of outside fun for us! Gunnar and I saddled Rex yesterday, and we both got to have a nice ride. He was not cooperating for Nathan, so he took him for quite the long ride, which is great for him. Ahh...we love riding weather!
Nathan turned 29 yesterday, so we had a fun family day! I tried my hand at a homemade peach cobbler, and succeeded at a really yummy dessert! It was Nathan's request, so I decided to try! Needless to say it is a recipe that I will be repeating, and Nathan was pleased with it! We took the boys to the park, and the girls for that fact. The girls got to swim, and Gunnar got to play at the park, and then we ended it with a walk in the stroller I bought. It's a sit and stand, and Gunnar LOVES it. I've never had a stroller, so this was exciting to me. It suits both boys. Sutton just sits there, but Gunnar can sit, stand, or run beside! I loved it!

And just look at this cutie-pie! He is the happiest, smiliest, calmest baby I know! For starting his first 3 months out with screaming, he is sure making up for it now! We are almost at the 8 month mark! He loves his walker, and loves to watch his big brother, even though Gunnar still doesn't really care about him-ha!


Lots of spring-time fun going on with the Wagner family! Coming up we have my 28th birthday, on April 10th, and Gunnar's 3rd birthday on April 30th!

No comments: