Our 3 Birthdays all fall within one month of each other. Nathan's is March 27th, Mine is April 10th, and Gunnar's is April 30th, which means A LOT of celebrating for the Wagner's! We're approaching Gunnar's 1st birthday, which I cannot wait for! Gifts are being wrapped, food is being prepared (mentally) and party supplies are coming out of the shopping bags! On Friday Gunnar will be ONE, with his party being on Sunday! All family members are invited, and some close friends, hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can be outside grilling, and eating cake and ice cream!
Since I've been slacking with my blogging, I'll start with Nathan's birthday. We were on the road for his birthday, but at least we were all together. The weekend we went out to Buffalo to get our horses, and drop Jade off to get bred, was Nathan's birthday. Lucky for him, my parents bought us Larry the Cable Guy and Bill Engvall tickets in Sioux City. We went to Chili's to eat first, shared a dessert, and then went to the concert, it was a lot of fun! My birthday on the other hand, Nathan was gone for. He was in Fargo picking Jade up, and I was helping my Mom set up for her art show, which featured her pictures. Needless to say, no celebrating has gotten done yet, but the most important party is yet to come, Gunnar's! :)
Our acreage hunt is getting frustrating, and we're looking at going down the "renting" aisle again. There is a nice acreage to rent, which would get us by until we find something to buy. The nice red house acreage didn't work out, which really really upset me, but if Nathan's not happy, there is no reason to live there! The fact that it was right on a busy hi-way didn't fit us too well, that and it being a 1929 house which needed plenty of work. Speaking of hi-ways, I'm not a fan of them. When we lived in Harding County, at Painters, we had 16 miles of gravel to the ranch, one way. We LOVED it. In the middle of the prairie, in our own little world. Now that we're at my parents for the time being, we're right smack on the hi-way, and I hate it. You always have to watch our "girls", Libby and Jade, to make sure they don't go hunting onto the road, and everyone can always see what and where you're at. Anyway, unfortunately Jade wondered onto the hi-way a week ago and got hit. I was in the computer room at 7:30 am heard the sound of what sounded like a shotgun shot. I immediately ran out to the front door and saw her rolling across the lane. Rolling like when you shoot a coyote and their back end drops, this is what Jade was doing. I ran out that door so fast, screaming, crying, and not remembering ANY of this due to adrenaline rush. Needless to say, she came away with two bad cuts and a very sore body. We're praying she keeps her puppies, and since it's too early to ultrasound, she has an appt for May 10th, and we'll know for sure if she's bred or not. Seriously the worst thing I've ever experienced. Our girls are like kids to us, part of the family, so I was pretty shook up. The lady that hit her said she saw her come out of the ditch, and tried to slow up, so Jade was lucky. If it would've been a trucker who didn't care, they would've just hit her. Anyway, it was quite the scare and I'm glad she is healing up to her regular self! Just another reason that we'll hopefully never live right on a hi-way!
Well, with Gunnar's birthday right around the corner, I'm sure my next post will be his party pictures! He is such a blessing, and watching him grow everyday gets to be more and more fun, frustrating at times, but I do know that I have the best job ever, raising our beautiful son!
Graduation 2025
2 months ago
2 comments:
I am so glad Jade is alright. I couldn't imagine what was going through you mind. Been thinking about you guys. Hope Jade and her puppies stay healthy and well.
Have a wonderful celebration on Sunday, which we could be there.
Love
The Vostad's
Nathan and Erica: Not being able to sleep, I googled Andy's name and found your blog. What beautiful comments about Andy. We are all going to miss him so much. My heart aches for his mom and dad when I see the pain. If you should ever want to talk of Andy or share a story, you can drop me an email. Thank you for loving him.
--Andy's Aunt Kim
Post a Comment