Thursday, March 4, 2010

1 Clinic Visit, 2 Funerals, and lots of miles later...

A couple weeks ago we were battling with Gunnar's first cold, which was not fun. In a way I'm glad another "first" is out of the way and knowing that I DID survive it was another milestone. I too, ended up getting the same darn crap. We had a good 10 month checkup, with Gunnar weighing in at 22lbs and being 30.5 inches long! He is eating baby foods like crazy, and still nursing like a champ! His nursing days will be coming to an end soon though, as he'll be getting weaned at his year mark! After a L-O-N-G week of being sick, we got a sad phone call that Nathan's grandpa from Lemmon, SD had passed away. We were all pretty bummed, and hit the road last Thursday for Pierre. We stayed at Tom's house Thursday night, left early Friday morning for Morristown, SD with the funeral being that morning. After a nice service, Tom, Caitie, Bret, and us 3 left to head back to Pierre. We decided that eating at one of our favorite places, the OutPost, would be where we were eating supper. My first summer living in Pierre (summer of 03) I worked at the OutPost, and had a blast working right on the river. Anyway, we left with FULL bellies of great food. An early morning start from Tom's ended quick when fog was over the South Dakota countryside, so we left for home around 10 that morning. Gunnar was tired of traveling, and was out of his carseat, sitting on my lap playing for most of the ride home. Gone are the days of him sleeping the playing in his carseat for hours upon hours! I'm looking forward to getting him his front facing seat, he is definatly ready for a change of scenery!

We got home on Saturday at a good time, and found out that we had another funeral on Wednesday. This time it would be my Grandma Foreman's brother, Eugene. We all know that he too is in a much better place, and with that being my Grandma's last living realative besides Grandpa, I'm sure that is a different feeling. It's been SO wonderful getting to visit my Grandparents on a regular basis instead of 2-3 times a year!

Phew, with all the miles we've been logging on lately you'd think it would be time to stay home for once! Our simple life we much enjoyed in Harding County is long past, but it has been fun getting to see family and friends.

We're still waiting on Rex and Cheryl, our two red roans we bought from Painters. The weather the last couple days is giving us some cabin fever, and while we did go ride at a friends' on Sunday, I'm ready for our two roans to be here!

I have some new pictures, so once I get them downloaded, I will post them. Gunnar is crawling, army crawling that is, and likes to walk (with help) as much as he can. He still rolls and rolls and rolls to get things, but is getting this crawling figured out too. Birthday plans are coming together, and I still can't believe that we have a 10 month old on our hands! I can't wait for new baby calves, and for Gunnar to have his first feel of that soft black calf! Springtime is in the air...

No comments: