On Thursday, Lindsey Sharping-Thompson, my roomie for a couple years in college, my maid of honor in our wedding, and my best friend, got to stop in for a visit! It was so wonderful, and she got to spend some quality time with Gunnar too! We ate a late lunch, due to her having some vehicle problems, but it all worked out just fine! Pictures would be nice huh? Well, for some reason I was so tied up in her being there and getting to have some good quality girl talk, which Nathan doesn't count (ha) when it comes to girl talk, anyway, I totally forgot (which rarely happens) to take pictures! All in all, a wonderful afternoon!
On Friday, Gunnar and I went West about 15 miles to go visit a good friend, Jean Burghduff! We also had a fun mid-morning visit, and after saying Goodbye a million times, and with tears in my eye, walked out of her door and got home around 1:15! The hours go by so fast, while sitting and enjoying a relaxing day away!
Saturday, Nathan's mom, Rita and brother, Cullen came to visit. Little did they know, we put them to work! First off though, we had our Christmas with Rita. Plenty of gifts for Gunnar, and Nathan and I made out well too! Gunnar got his first cowboy hat, and looks ridiculously cute in it. Books, and a Fischer-Price Farm set were a couple of his gifts he got! It was a fun time!
Then we started packing like crazy, but we did get quite a bit accomplished. In the meantime, with busy bodies everywhere, on Sunday about 2:30, Nathan fell down our upstairs steps! I was busy getting ready for Dresser Club and heard a loud commotion, but didn't think much of it until I heard the moaning and groaning of Nathan! He took his sock off, and before I make anyone too sick, it was a bad bad site. He called our local PA, who was also getting ready to go to Dresser Club, and he met her in town. The ending...a very very VERY bad break...wonderful. I was fuming, so mad I wanted to drink my sorrows away. That wouldn't have gotten Gunnar to far though, he would've been a hungry boy-hah! So I chose to drink water and have a good ol' husband bashing (not really) girls night at my friend Jamie Browns house! Monday morning the PA called, and she said Nathan would have to go to Spearfish to see an Orthopedist, turns out, it was the same guy that he had to go to a few months back after rolling his ankle, another really really bad incident. So, after rolling both ankles and turning out having some bone chips floating around his ankle, and now breaking his toe and being worthless for awhile, we should be set! We now own, an ankle brace, a big ol' boot, and now a wooden shoe. We would've had crutches too, but I learned today that those were on loan from the clinic, how nice. I was really looking forward to opening an Orthopedic shop and learning to read X-Rays. Sarcasm galore, but what else do you do when you have a whole house of stuff to move, an 8 1/2 month old, and a worthless husband who can't help you do much...you turn to sarcasm! OH...and not only do I have a whole house to move, BUT, there might be weather moving in, so we're moving on Wednesday. Oh yes, not next Wednesday, but this Wednesday....2 days. Nice, I know. My parents will be on their way tomorrow with pickups and trailers, and let the fun begin! Many many prayers are needed, not only for MY sanity, but for the health of my husband, I need him to recover fast!
A quick G update...we now have 3 1/2 teeth! The top two are now almost in place! He's looking so different with 2 bottoms and now 2 tops! He has been so funny lately, making funny noises and rolling everywhere! He thinks he's hot stuff driving his walker around, with the house getting empty he really has room to go in his walker! haha. Here's a few pictures to enjoy from the weekend...
Dad & G reading a new book! He loves his animal books!
Uncle Cullen & Gunnar! They were buds over the weekend!
3 boys!
Grandma Rita holding G
Gunnar's 1st Cowboy hat! He looks so handsome in it! Very cute!
The boys playing on the floor! Daddy is looking pretty tired here, but Gunnar was just getting started!
My next post might not be for a little while because of the move. We are praying that good job oppertunities, and an acreage comes up soon, so that we can start living our lives and get into routines again. Bless my parents for taking us in, and we will owe everyone big time for ALL of the hours of help people have been, and will be putting in. We are so blessed, with such wonderful well wishes from friends, people we've met through the 3+ years we've lived here, and our family. Ready or not....it's time to move!
2 comments:
Today is moving day? Are you having the weather we are? It is pure freezing rain! You better tuck in for a few days and wait it out. We moved and about killed our parents. They are getting older and need breaks. We moved in the cold and wind but nothing like this. Just know that even though you are anxious to go, your safety is best. I was so anxious to get here and unpacked and now I am nesting. I was a slave driver when we moved. "This box to trailer and this one to van. Oh that box and bed there...." I was a go get 'em! I still have many many boxes to unpack and organize. I am frusterated that I can't just wave a wand. Haha! I'm very excited for you and probably know your feelings too. We have been sad but not for very long as the people here are great and Andrew loves his job. If I think about NE for too long I'm blubbering! I'll be praying for your move and sanity as the weather moves through. much love, darcy
Can you imagine my surprise when I saw my Buffalo classmate of a few (quite a few) years back on your blog.
Isn't she a wonderful woman! Tell her hello from Willo when you see her again.
Post a Comment