Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gunnar's New Hat

This last week flew right by, and here the weekend is already coming to an end! On Wednesday we went to the Hills for Gunnar's 6 month pictures, and family pictures! The weather was beautiful, so along with some great inside shots, we got some good outside ones too! On Thursday we went to town for supper with our friends, Jamie & Justin Brown. While eating supper, Justin had a gift to give Gunnar...a new hat...that says "Big Cock Country" with a pheasant on it...hah..nice! It is so darn cute on him! So here are pictures of Gunnar and his new hat, Enjoy! Today, Sunday, we had a nice relaxing morning and ate a yummy breakfast. After our bellies were full, I had my eye on Ebay. I had been wanting a Cricut, a very expensive, but worth it, machine, that I will use for scrapbooking. They are amazing, and while I figured how much I spend on letters and stickers for scrapbooking, in time, this machine WILL pay itself off. Can you tell I have this speech memorized to talk Nathan into buying it? :) Well, with winning the Dresser Club money last month, I decided to put my money towards a Cricut. SO, today I finally ordered one!! That was my excitement for the day! Nathan's excitement for the day was shooting two roosters-lucky guy! He happened to be in the right spot at the right time! After all of that excitement, we had Continental to clean, and then we took a nice scenic drive through the Cave Hills. The Cave Hills are my favorite, and it was a gorgeous Fall day to take a drive as a family. Here's a new favorite picture of mine...Nathan saved the two tail feathers for Gunnar's room. We're going to get this picture framed, and save those tail feathers, so that when he is old enough to understand, he'll have his first pheasant tail feathers, and this picture to go with the story. My two boys, looking handsome, and proud as ever, and Gunnar wearing his new hat, which was fitting for the occasion! :)

Tomorrow Gunnar has his 6 month checkup, but we are able to have it done in town, at the Buffalo clinic! We have a few errands to run, and then after lunch he'll get his checkup and shots. Bring on the Tylenol, poor little punkie will be grouchy tomorrow!With the sun going down around 4:30, I went South of our house the other day, and saw the "Hunters Moon" making it's appearance. While I was trying to get this good shot, the camera was around my neck, I was holding onto Gunnar, all while driving a stick shift pickup, and having the girls run behind me..needless to say, it was a three ring circus! All in all, I got a bunch of neat moon pictures, at 4:30 in the afternoon, all by my favorite Cottonwood trees, with 2 Bald Eagles roosting in them! Pretty neat, and hectic experience all at once!

No comments: