Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cows & Buffalo

This last week was to say the least, pretty uneventful. Fine by me! Gunnar and I got to hang out and when things got done, they got done. I love living life in the slow lane, enjoying the sunrise and sunset every day, counting how many deer run through the trees, and watching our very wild cat, named "ghost kitty" for her white coat, teach her kitten how to mouse. Now this week, will be on the hectic side. Not for me so much, but for Painters, my husband, and Vessel, a busy few days of shipping calves!
On Friday afternoon we went to the Hills. Our cupboards were empty, our milk was gone, and we were eeking by with a small amount of drinking water left! SO yes, we were getting creative with what food we did have-ha! We did our shopping, then met Kit and Kayla and Kayla mom and sister, at Applebees for some yummy food and great company! We got home late, left everything on the counters for me to unpack in the morning, and went to bed. Gunnar has been pulling a "let's get up every 2 hours to eat" skit, and I'm not enjoying it too much! I've been spoiled by my precious little guy sleeping through the night since 3 months old, and before that, he would only get up 1-2 times to eat, NOTHING like this! So what the heck is going on? Growth spurt? I have no clue. If he gets up tonight every two hours, it will be my 5th night of hardly any sleep, and I'm feeling it!
Yesterday we helped Nathan cake cows and the buffalo. Of course, we didn't do much but ride with, but at least going from pasture to pasture, Nathan had company and we taught Gunnar all about cows! It was a fun time! Usually the cows wouldn't be this tame, but they know when the cake is there, they come a running, which makes it fun! These girls were quite fond of Nathan-haha!
Here's comes the Buffalo!

Here's the Buffalo eating their cake.Yesterday was pheasant opener, so with Nathan at home in the afternoon, he watched Gunnar while Jade and I walked some trees. And no, I didn't get a bird, but yes, I should have. While I was lolly gagging around, trying to find a spot to cross the fence, while having a conversation with our yellow lab, Jade, a nice pretty rooster Ca-Cocked at me, and preceded to fly. I shot, and missed. Wonderful feeling-ha! After wiping my forehead of sweat, I could smell the diaper rash cream on my hand that I had just applied to Gunnar's beautiful soft little behind, and then remembered that it didn't matter if I got a bird or not, it just mattered that I was out on my own, with one of my girls, hunting birds, on a beautiful Fall day. And that was that, we walked for aways longer, and I called it a day. I was ready to spend time with my hubby and kiddo!
Today Gunnar and I got loaded in the pickup, with cake in the back, and helped move 70 head of cows and calves with Nathan. It all went well, and we enjoyed our 2 hours of moving cows together as a family. Here's Gunnar waiting in the pickup to go move cows-ha!
Following Gunnar & I in the truck! Nathan was on the four wheeler.
As I come to a close for this last week, a BIG Congratulations goes out to Justin & Megan Vostad, on the birth of their beautiful son, Lane. Congrats you guys, and Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood! We can't wait to meet Lane!

No comments: