How is it possible that it's Labor Day weekend already? I remember JUST taking our Memorial Day camping trip like it was a few weekends ago! Our busy season is here, and lots of plans are starting to take place.
A week ago, Nathan left for the Hills for training, and I drove separate so I could get our groceries and Walmart trip done before Mom got here on Monday. So Sunday flew by fast! Monday got here, and Mom pulled in the driveway around noon. Painters were here working cattle, so they were in for lunch and got to say hello to Mom. We got settled in for the rest of the day, had a huge supper and fun time at Painters, and before we knew it, it was time for bed! Tuesday we got up and headed for the Hills. We were planning the BIG jewelry party for on Wed the 27th, so we got supplies for the party, and it was a nice trip together. Wednesday came here fast, and we cleaned at the REC center in town, and got set up for the jewelry party that was at 5:00. After all that, ran home to get showered and pretty, and went into town for the show! We had a wonderful time, and turn out of 21 people, which is great for Buffalo! We got home around 10 and our heads hit the pillows hard! Thursday came, and I woke up not feeling so well. My throat was really sore, and a strong head cold was starting. That was only my start to a miserable few days of a summer cold, something I've never had, or want again!
Friday came, and I kept Mom busy with finishing a painting project in our mudroom that I started during the 10 day Spring storm, and had never gotten back to it. So while I was trying to relax and get better, she painted the rest! What a great job and relief that is to me! Friday night around 9, Nathan finally got home from training! He was beat, and so were we! Saturday I was still feeling horrible, but managed to take Mom into the events going on at the rodeo grounds in town. Painters were in most of the events, and Mom had a great time taking pictures and meeting people! Nathan had to work his game warden gig all day Saturday, and then at the concession stand during the rodeo Sat. night 5-8. Afterwards we went to the bar, the #3 and had supper. There was a dance going on, which seemed like fun, but with me feeling and sounding horrible, I just wanted home! Come to find out, Mom was starting to catch what I had, along with Nathan feeling it this morning! Darn germs! The weather yesterday was in the 100's with today being in the 90's. In Montana, 300 miles West of here, it's only 50 out, so we have a nice cold front coming our way SOON!
I don't have any new pictures to post, only because there was 100's taken over the past week, except they are all on Mom's new camera! So for now, all you can do is read about our wonderful time! Oh yeah, AND Mom was supposed to take off this morning, but we talked her into staying ONE MORE NIGHT! Tomorrow it all comes to an end, and reality will hit us on Tuesday. With another busy week coming up!
We hope that everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend with family and friends! FALL is right around the corner! Enjoy!
Graduation 2025
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment